The peach stone experience! | A dog's paw

Friday, August 16, 2013

The peach stone experience!

Leave a Comment
Jago loves eating everything.
He loves fruit as well.
Especially clementines, but also apples and banana.
I don't give him too much fruit, only sometimes.

I had the brilliant idea to give him a peach.
Argh.
Intelligent idea.
He started eating it all happy.
I was looking at him and sure to be able to stop him.... but he then finished swallowing everything.. also the peach stone (pit).
!!!!
Panic!!!

He is a crazy dog, but I am sometimes an anxious owner, so obviously I started googling for "dog ate peach stone".
And obviously I found a lot of threads about dog deaths after eating peach stone and so on.
I spent hours.. while jago was running around all happy!

The day after I called the vet and explained my concerns.
She said to keep an eye on him, as he is not that small the stone could pass without problems.
Two days of constant checking jago and jago ahem poo..
The second day while I was cooking I heard him chewing something.. guess what? It was the peach stone!!
Still entire!!

Jago is perfectly fine, but take care if your dogs are eating fruit, I've been really stressed for two days!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis