Games to play with your dog: HIDE AND SEEK | A dog's paw

Monday, August 19, 2013

Games to play with your dog: HIDE AND SEEK

Leave a Comment
Another way to play and train your dog!
It's a very nice game and it is a great mental exercise!
I've seen that Jago not only needs to release his energies, but also to feel engaged in something more "mental".
And Hide and seek it's also good fun!!

Your dog should already know the command "stay".
1. Show a treat to your dog or his favorite toy
2. Ask him to "stay".
3. Go to another room and hide somewhere.
4. Call your dog and wait until he finds you!
5. When he finally finds you praise him a lot and give him the treat / toy.

My house is not big, so Jago know salready  all my secrete places :)
One of the first times he took a long time to find me, I was hiding in the wardrobe!!
It was so funny to see him looking around, sniffing in the room but not able to understand where I was!

A different variant is "find it", where you will hide some treats or toys..
I will write about it later!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis