Dog walks: Tolka valley park | A dog's paw

Monday, August 26, 2013

Dog walks: Tolka valley park

1 comment
I found that there are so many dog walks near Dublin!
Enjoying the nice Irish summer I brought my dog to many different places in the last couple of months.
Tolka valley park is one of them.

It has been quite difficult to find where it was and where to park my car!
Actually I parked at the Blanchardstown shopping center and I had to walk toward the N3/M50 entrance to find the gate for Tolka Valley Park.
I am sure there will be other accesses but I didn't find them on any website.

If you know one of them please feel free to add it in the comments!



Tolka valley is a linear park that run alongside the Tolka river and incorporates 300 acres of grassland.
It was very nice to see the change of landscape, between the big shopping center, N3 the work in progress on the road with big machines... and the quiet paths along the river, the small animals, the dogs and people jogging.
It was a Sunday morning when Jago and me went discovering this place.


Obviously he had good fun in the river, he loves water and the fetch the ball in the water :)
He also loves running on small paths when he can go to discover the "forest", but also open areas are good for sniffing :)

We met other dog owners and he could have a good run and play time with them.

Unfortunately it started raining so we couldn't explore the whole park, only a small part, but I am planning to go back again.


From the fingal website:
" The park is home to a rich variety of animal and plant species such as otters, kingfishers, dippers, bats, cowslips and willows . 
* The park offers a diverse, natural and tranquil landscape which is great for walking and jogging and the river supports an abundance of brown trout, providing for some good fishing." 

How to get to Tolka Valley Park?

N3 from Dublin to Navan, exit Blanchardstown.
Car park at the Blanchardstown shopping centre.
I hope to find new car park and entrance.
By BUS, Busses 38 and 39 from O'Connell Street, Dublin to Blanchardstown.

View Larger Map

1 comment :

  1. anybody has more details about Tolka Valley Park?
    I would like to find another parking space, as the shopping centre is very busy on weekends.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis