Fostering dogs - today experience | A dog's paw

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fostering dogs - today experience

Leave a Comment
I have fostered a dog before and it has been a very nice experience.
She was a 6 months old golden retriever and Jago was 6 months as well.
Quite frantic weeks with two puppies but I could learn a lot and I am glad I helped her to find her new home!
I will write about her soon :)

Today I knew that a female german sheperd has been found alone, but unfortunately the owner could not keep her.
She is in the restricted breed list, so she would have short life in the pound as far as I know.
I went with Jago to meet her.
Unfortunately I couldn't take her and it has been a very difficult decision.

She is very nice, friendly and she was ok with Jago.
But he was like scared.
We brought them for a walk and they never tried to play together, they were ignoring each other and Jago looked like a bit stressed.

At the moment I am working full time and I unfortunately I could not leave them alone, without supervision.
I do really hope that they will find a foster home for her :(

I will consider fostering in the future for sure, obviously I would need a suitable house for that and make sure that the dog would get along well with Jago.

If you can, consider fostering please, you could really save the life of dogs!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis