Fostering experience - Buddy - day 1! | A dog's paw

Friday, September 6, 2013

Fostering experience - Buddy - day 1!

Leave a Comment
Everything is happening quickly these days.
Two days ago I found a dog and in 12 hours I found the owner thanks to the facebook page Lors Lost dogs.

In the afternoon I saw on Dog in Distress webpage that there were few dogs in the pound that would need urgent fostering.
I applied months ago for fostering, but I never had the real chance to take a dog.

So I called and yesterday Buddy came at home with me!
He is an 8 years old border collie, that has been surrendered by the owner because he couldn't take care of him due to an illness.
When I first took him he was scared and stressed and he didn't want to go out from the car.
He is not aggressive at all, and he let me pet him and bring him out.

I took my dog Jago and we went all three for a first walk outside!
Jago and him are not playing a lot at the moment, but they are fine together!

Buddy is a very sweet dog, he ate food and slept quiet last night.
Today I had to go to work, so I brought Jago to daycare as I didn't want to leave them unsupervised for the first day.
Unfortunately my flatmate just called me to let me know that Buddy started crying as soon as I left home.
:(
I will go home in a hour during my lunch time to check him, I have toys and a very nice bone.
Hopefully he will settle down a bit.
With me he was very nice and quiet yesterday, but I can understand that he is stressed and needs to adapt to the new situation.
I will be home all these evenings and weekend and I really hope that next week the company of Jago will help him to not feel alone!


You can see here some photos..
As you can see my rule of "no dogs on my bed" had some problems last night :P













0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis